Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Deer




It was a really cold day Monday but we bundled up and went outside anyway because it was the first bit of sun in days.  We walked to the clubhouse which is across the lake from our house.  We were walking across the causeway when I turned back because Nyla had strayed from us and went down the embankment to see the water coming down the spillway.  When I turned around I saw a deer behind us.  The deer kept walking in Nyla's direction.  She turned around to come back up to us and was startled and scared.  The deer followed her as Nyla came toward us and by the time Nyla reached us so did the deer.  Nyla was frightened and even I thought it was quite odd.  I told Nyla that this was probably the only time in her life that this would ever happen since deer are usually skittish.  The deer touched my gloved hand but it was most interested in Nyla.  The deer didn't care about Bohdin or Cora who was on my back.  Once I sold Nyla on the idea that this was a special occurrence she relished it.  We scared the deer a little and it walked off.  Nyla followed and I was wishing I had brought the camera.  I realized I had my phone and took it out.  I was further away from the deer by then.  It allowed Nyla to come up and pet it and feed it some grass she picked. The deer never allowed Bohdin to get close enough to pet it.   Eventually the deer turned around and left.  We didn't see it again when we walked back across although Nyla was hoping to catch sight of her new friend.  Nyla just came over and saw the picture.  She said she would name the deer Peach. 


After our deer adventure Cora must have been really tired.  She laid down on the floor and went to sleep.  It's only the second time she has done this.  I was running around frantically looking for her.  She woke up slightly from my yelling but then went back to sleep. 



Nyla and Cora are enjoying all of the space in the living room that allows them to put on dance shows.  They hide behind the couch prior to the start and then jump out.  Nyla has started saying "Are you ready?"  followed by an "I can't hear you!  Are you ready?".  I don't remember why Nyla was sad in this picture.  


Here is another Bohdin picture.  He also took the picture of Cora in front of the window above.  


I think the kids are settling into this house and enjoying it.  Bohdin is laying on the couch right now reading.  He couldn't read in his room because it was too bright.  He does have the sunniest room.  Nyla and Cora are playing in Cora's room.  Cora plays upstairs a lot also.  Bohdin and Nyla don't use the playroom as much.  They don't like to play Playmobil in dirty spaces and right now it is messy both from their play and moving stuff. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great adventure with the deer. I agree, what you witnessed will likely never happen again, so I'm glad Nyla was able to experience it.

Great pictures! House looks fabulous.