April went fast. I didn't realize it had been so long since I wrote a post. The kids went swimming one more time before I found out that the pool doesn't officially open until May 1st. The weather cooled so the kids haven't been too bummed. I picked up Bohdin's glasses. He was amazed at how much more he could see. He doesn't wear them that often and I'm not sure why. Maybe he is worried about hurting them. I just asked and he says he hasn't gotten used to them yet. He wore them more in the beginning than he does now.
There was another playdate at our house with the same girls that showed up previously. Nyla was beside herself with excitement. The only thing she could do that day was wait outside impatiently. The girls had fun and stayed for about 4 hours. Nyla wanted her favorite friend to come back again soon so she and her sister came again on Friday. I didn't tell Nyla they were coming so I could avoid the endless questions and excitement. They put on a play about Raggedy Andy losing his pants.
We've also been really busy in the yard planting trees, bushes, and flowers. It's a big blank slate of a yard and we spent hours planting and moving rocks. We have just a few vegetables this year. The deer are really in our yard and I'm not putting forth a lot of effort into planting deer food.
The night that we watched Raggedy Andy Bohdin became sick. He had a runny nose, fever, and headache. He was feeling better by Sunday. Sunday night I became sick. I had a fever for over 36 hours and felt terrible. I've never had a cold wipe me out that way. I was completely exhausted for days. If I stood up I developed a headache. Bohdin did a lot of work. He made meals, made me tea, and cleaned the house. He was glad when I felt better because he didn't like doing so much work. The kids had a week off school and we had a Doctor Who marathon. Nyla likes Doctor Who and it's grown on me too. I think I like it better than she does at this point. There have been some scary episodes recently and she didn't like that.
While I was sick the kids watched Dinosaur Train. One of the dinosaurs lost her doll and was worried about it. Nyla was super sad and almost in tears. I've never seen her so sad at a show before. When we watched Frozen Bohdin was crying toward the end but Nyla was fine. We watched a music video once with a child that forgot a stuffed bunny at a playground. The bunny works hard to reunite with the child. Nyla found that to be overwhelmingly sad as well. She can't imagine anything sadder than losing a stuffed animal or doll.
Buddy got slightly sick and so did Cora. Nyla escaped the virus. Bohdin is still coughing and blowing his nose more than a week later.
No comments:
Post a Comment