Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas tree

We don't have any Christmas decorations but Bohdin wanted them this year. I thought it might be a good idea to postpone Christmas by two days so I could get the tree and ornaments on clearance. It turns out I didn't need to. We stopped and Lowes and the Christmas stuff was already half off so Bohdin, Nyla, and I all picked out a container of ornaments each. Bohdin chose first. His choice was a giant bucket of gold ornaments. To keep with the theme I gave Nyla a few boxes to choose from that would be suitable. I had seen trees on sale at Target but couldn't decide between the nice expensive ones and the cheaper ones. I waited. After we found the ornaments I went back to find that the display trees were now 75% off. I was able to get the tree I wanted at the price I wanted. Bohdin was excited and we spent a lot of time decorating it. I didn't now that ornaments didn't come with hooks so I put thread on nearly 150 ornaments. The kids are pleased with the result. I've even found wrapping paper on clearance. I had no idea so many places cleared out their stuff so early. Christmas will be on time this year which is good for Bohdin because he can hardly wait.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice tree!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! And yay you for finding everything so cheap. That's awesome.