I forgot to mention our visit to the thrift store last week. We went in looking for cheap blankets for the move. Since Buddy dropped us off while he ran some errands on post we had a lot of time to kill. We looked at the toys. They didn't have the big car that Nyla had liked on a previous visit but there was a doll stroller. She grabbed a doll and was pushing the thing around. I had her bring it with her when I looked at the blankets. That wasn't an easy thing to do since the store is very small and very very cramped. We finally went back to the toys and an older lady approached me asking if I was going to buy the stroller. It was $3 and pretty banged up so I said no she was welcome to take it. She didn't take it though. She wanted to buy it for Nyla. She gave me $5 just in case Nyla wanted the doll also. It was very odd and I just tried to graciously accept it. If she hadn't been a stranger I would definitely have said no. So Nyla came home with the stroller that both she and Bohdin have been enjoying. It's apparently not so rickety that it won't hold Bohdin although we always tell both him and Nyla that it is not for them.
Wednesday we went to N-'s house for probably the last time. We met him soon after we moved here. Neither Bohdin nor N- really made any other friends here. I think both will be a little sad. Bohdin cried in the car a bit on the way home. He knew it was the last time and was a little frustrated that N- wanted to watch tv instead of play at the end.
Nyla has been singing and dancing quite a bit lately. She normally doesn't let me record or sometimes even watch but recently she did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-mAYqUf21o
4 comments:
Great song! Love the arm moves at the end. Too cute.
wow compare that video to this one that is 9 months old.
http://www.youtube.com/user/helbudbn#p/a/u/1/hv2neKvWuik
Guess the thrift store is as good a place as any to play santa at. Pay it forward....
she's so hilarious Helen!!!
The boys loved the vid. but wanted to see bodhin in it too;)
Glad your move was successful!
Post a Comment