Friday, December 10, 2010

Best




I blew up a lot of balloons for Bohdin's birthday just like I had done for Nyla. One night just before bed he threw it up in the air and it stuck to the ceiling. He loved it and spent quite a bit of time trying to recreate it the next day. He had two balloons on the ceiling and was quite proud. He made me take a picture.



The theme for Wednesday's story time was gingerbread men. Gingerbread Man is one of Nyla's favorite stories so after a bit of prodding she sat next to Bohdin. She really enjoyed all of the singing and dancing. When Buddy came home that night Nyla told him she did the best at storytime because she did everything she was told. That actually is quite an achievement for her. She's growing up.

We're taking a break from geography right now to learn about Christmas around the world. I checked out a cd with global Christmas music and put it on yesterday. Bohdin loves one of the songs from Cuba. He has played it over and over and over and over. He's been sort of ballet dancing to it. This is not the kind of song I would choose to listen to repeatedly. It can best be described as the kind of song one would play at a retirement home Christmas dance.

I put Cora on the floor last night per Nyla's request. She likes having her on the back on the floor so she can play with her. Nyla stepped away to do something and Cora rolled over onto her belly. She then started scooting backward. She ended up near a dirty paintbrush and Bohdin's pile of change. We are not ready to have a crawler in the house. It's going to be an adjustment for us. This morning Cora found some construction paper and had that in her mouth.

Nyla wanted to take a piece of paper to Bohdin's soccer practice this morning so she could do art. I brought the paper inside but didn't know what she was going to do with it. I carry crayons in my purse and they have crayons to use there so I thought she was going to color. I turned away to watch Bohdin. When I turned back to Nyla she had pulled glue, stickers, and puff balls out of her pocket. I didn't realize she was so prepared. Bohdin did well at soccer practice. There was only one coach there today for six boys. They were shooting goals today so there was a line of soccer balls and a line of goals. After the second time Bohdin went over to the coach to help her get the balls out of the goal. I was so proud of him for thinking of helping her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: