Bohdin was really enthusiastic about the rhyming game last week and wanted to play it all of the time. Nyla was quite opposed to anybody playing the game because she doesn't know how to play. One day all of us were in the car and we were playing the rhyming game. Normally Bohdin shouts out a word followed rapidly by words and nonwords that rhyme. I normally wait for his initial rush to be over before adding any of my own. Last Sunday he chose a word and didn't start rhyming. The word he chose was whore. Buddy and I just looked at each other until Buddy finally asked if he said pour. Bohdin said no the word was whore. Once again there was a long pause. Buddy asked again if he meant pour. Bohdin said no it's whore. Finally we realized he was saying the word "ore". It sure sounded different from the front seat. We haven't played the rhyming game since that night.
Nyla has been complaining recently of her legs being too tired to let her either walk or climb the stairs. The walking part would be more believable if she didn't try to prove it by hopping and dramatically falling down repeatedly. It happens more frequently for the stairs. She wants somebody to carry her either up or down the stairs usually once per day. Last week she cried at the bottom of the steps right before we were leaving for somewhere. I finally convinced her to crawl up the stairs. I had to work to restrain my amusement. She looked exactly like the old movie scenes of somebody desperately thirsty crawling the last few feet to an oasis. She managed to do this all the way up the stairs. Once at the top she hopped up and ran to the car. This morning she couldn't walk anywhere because she was out of electricity. When I offered her batteries she told me she wasn't a machine.
Nyla's other problem is that their is a mouse in her room. Not a real mouse. An imaginary mouse that prevents her from entering at times. She says it is not a friendly mouse. This means she wants me to get her clothes in the morning. I wish the mouse prevented her from changing five times a day instead of just out of her jammies.
We had some friends over yesterday for the kids to play with. It's a family with four kids and was actually the first kids we met at playgroup here. We haven't seen much of them this fall so we got together here. It was their first time to our house. Bohdin and Nyla were both super excited. Nyla wanted to play trains with somebody and Bohdin wanted to play tag. Everybody but Bohdin did play trains for a while but then he went outside with the eldest girl. When they came back in Bohdin complained that nobody wanted to play with him. They were all playing with the Playmobil stuff at this point. So everybody dropped that to play duck duck goose. Then they played hide and go seek per Bohdin's request. Then they went back to the Playmobil things they had wanted to play with and Bohdin moped again. He wasn't at his best yesterday. I hope they would be willing to come back and give Bohdin another chance. Although now that I think about it he is often like this around them. At playgroup they would try hard to include him but he would just mope around when they wouldn't do what he said. I wonder why he does this mostly with them. I'll have a talk with him about it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment