Much of this week has been devoted to planning the kitchen remodel. I never knew how much planning this would entail. We've barely scratched the surface. I think we have a final tentative plan. It needed to be modified over the weekend when Buddy discovered the wet wall. All of the plumbing to the second floor goes up through the wall we wanted to eliminate. So change of plans. It's working out okay so far. Buddy has offered to move the plumbing but I don't want him to mess with all of that. I think it will be a better use of time and money to work around it. Buddy also opened up a hole in the ceiling which is directly below the tub in the master bath. There are some cracks in the sealant between the tub and the tile. I never knew how important that caulk was. The dry wall was wet. One time when Bohdin was in the bathtub he turned the water on and was holding a toy near the spout. This allowed water into the crack. I was in the kitchen at the time and was shocked at the downpour of water. It was like a waterfall. I called upstairs to Buddy to turn the water off. Even when I took a shower the next morning the floor below in the kitchen was damp.
We're not in love with the kitchen but we do love the backyard. It has warmed up from the very cold temps of last week so we went outside this afternoon. After playing tag and kicking the ball we wandered into the forest behind our house. There is a trail maintained by the neighborhood which we followed for a short distance. We have a lot more exploring to do.

1 comment:
Love your backyard .....it leads right into nature how perfect!!
Post a Comment