I lived in Louisville many years ago and on Friday I had an old friend and her family over for dinner. I rarely have people over and maybe for good reason. Most people clean for company but our house was never messier than that evening. Our brand new dishwasher was on a one day strike which we can't figure out. It worked fine on Thursday and Saturday but not on Friday. The kitchen was overrun with dirty dishes. Nyla and Bohdin had been on a huge and messy painting streak which I hadn't completely cleaned up yet. Nyla danced that morning in the living room with an open container of paint in her hand. One big spin splashed pink paint everywhere. I covered the worst of that with a rug though. Despite us looking like we live in a pigsty we had fun. They have a 3.5 year old boy who Bohdin decided before hand to talk to. Talk they did. They had a blast playing together for the most part.
Bohdin and especially Nyla have been painting so much I decided to order their paint in bulk. Nyla can go through 2oz of pink paint in no time. That's her favorite color to use but it comes in a 10 pack. I ordered 2 gallons of pink paint which should arrive next week. I also went ahead and ordered several gallons of the other colors. We'll use it up eventually and I don't anticipate that it will take too long.
When we went to the commissary last week Nyla scanned her yogurt. Bohdin saw that and immediately wanted to scan the rest of the groceries. It slowed us down a lot and I wouldn't have let him do it if there was a long line behind us. So now instead of trying to unload the basket for me. Nyla tried to unload the basket but it's even harder for her. She was basically pushed aside and had to amuse herself by dancing or making snow angels on the floor. Bohdin scanned my stuff again at Walmart a few days ago. We'll need to get more efficient if he wants to keep us this form of helping.
No comments:
Post a Comment