A new series started on Disney this week that Bohdin is enjoying. The problem was that it interfered with story time yesterday. I tried to convince Bohdin that he would be better off going to story time than watching tv but he didn't agree so I just had to put my foot down. He does love story time so he wasn't sad for long. The room was set up with rows of chairs and the kids sitting in the front on the floor. I sent Bohdin and Nyla up there and found a seat a few rows back. I don't know what happened but Nyla became spooked. She came running to me scared. She wrapped her arms around me and buried her face in my neck. In a few minutes she felt better but she never went back up to the front again. In fact she wasn't enjoying it even in the back. I gave her the library books to return, then she looked at some of the display books and then she colored for a bit. Bohdin was enjoying himself in the front and actually participated. He did the motions to the songs except the yelling part of "If you're happy and you know it". Bohdin covered him ears instead because it was too loud for him. He also talked. He's certainly growing up. After the stories and songs there was a craft. Nyla was quite excited about that. She spent quite a bit of time decorating her paper mittens. I was hoping to meet some boys but out of the dozen or so kids there every single one was a girl.
We've been going to the library frequently and every time we go we check out several Curious George books. Most of them are fine but one is particularly long. It is also the favorite. Buddy and I cringe when that one is chosen and it always is. I took it back yesterday even though it wasn't due. When I told Buddy he smiled and gave me a high five. We've been reading more in general since Nyla will lay quietly and enjoy the books. Yesterday we read more than 10 books. That is about our new average.
After Halloween Bohdin went with me to the store and we picked up a costume on clearance. I chose a size 7 or 8 so he would have room to grow into it. Since it was laying out in his room Bohdin decided to put it on. He thought it looked a little scary. Nyla ran around playing and screaming as only she can.

No comments:
Post a Comment