When we were living in Maryland our neighbor invited us over for dinner one night. She made a pizza with a wonderful crust. When I asked for the recipe I saw it was basically the same one I had been using. The difference between her soft crust and my hard one was the rising time. She made the dough, put it in the pan and only let it rise while she was prepping the toppings so not very long at all. I tried the same technique and we are in love. Bohdin likes the crust now and it is so much faster to make. It tunrs pizza into a fast meal instead of planning for rising time. I put the pizza into cast iron pans and since I have a little one I make a little extra dough so Bohdin can make his own pizza. He likes extra extra sauce and cheese. Buddy likes a deep dish Chicago style pizza so I make his thicker with lots on toppings. I share one with Nyla and we just have whatever is handy in a thinner crust. Our last one had kielbasa, squash, pepperoni, and a bit of leftover meatball from lunch.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Pizza
When we were living in Maryland our neighbor invited us over for dinner one night. She made a pizza with a wonderful crust. When I asked for the recipe I saw it was basically the same one I had been using. The difference between her soft crust and my hard one was the rising time. She made the dough, put it in the pan and only let it rise while she was prepping the toppings so not very long at all. I tried the same technique and we are in love. Bohdin likes the crust now and it is so much faster to make. It tunrs pizza into a fast meal instead of planning for rising time. I put the pizza into cast iron pans and since I have a little one I make a little extra dough so Bohdin can make his own pizza. He likes extra extra sauce and cheese. Buddy likes a deep dish Chicago style pizza so I make his thicker with lots on toppings. I share one with Nyla and we just have whatever is handy in a thinner crust. Our last one had kielbasa, squash, pepperoni, and a bit of leftover meatball from lunch.

3 comments:
looks yummy. Thanks for the tip
what does the crust come out like? Jen and I had some of the best pizza ever called Blue Moose Pizza (at the base of Beaver Creek and Vail ski areas). The crust was absolutely amazing and had a soft chewy interior and a crispy exterior. Is that how your pizza crust turns out?
If I made pizza that great I would open a restaurant. This is not the best pizza of all time but it is good pizza that I can make at home in about 30 minutes. Don't you remember when I made it after your wedding? You seemed to like it well enough.
Post a Comment