These pictures were taken before closing. I can't take pictures now because the kitchen is too messy. There isn't a home for everything yet.
This is the second living room. The door on the left leads into the bathroom. That is the shower that is visible. The sink and toilet are to the door through another door. The door on the left has the narrow laundry room and the back door.
To the left is the dining room. We can't figure out an easy way to expand the kitchen toward that because of the bay window. Even if we did we would still want to make a better door to the exterior which would involve removing the shower. It's still a possiblity though. The house has a brick exterior except for the bay window area so it would be easier I suppose to put in shorter windows. That area seems to small for much of a table anyway but that would eliminate any possibitly of being an eat in kitchen. We can't add an island due to the width of the room. We have basement stairs on one side and exterior on the other. Neither of those walls are moving.
One of the other changes we are making is a closet system for Nyla so she can reach her clothes. Buddy bought some lumber yesterday so he could put in shelves and a lower rod. We chose Nyla first because she cares what she wears. I can't remember the last time I was allowed to pick out her outfit. She always has at least some say in it. She will love having more of her stuff within reach. I'm not sure I will but we'll see. Bohdin on the other hand doesn't like to pick out his clothes. Almost every day I choose what he wears. He doesn't really care. The only thing he is picky about are his shoes. After a year in his previous shoes it was time for a new pair. He will only wear the Preschoolian brand of shoes. The are very flexible and light. For the past three years he has had the same style of slip on shoes which he loved but it was time for something different. The easy slip on was also easy to slip off and they were coming off with increased frequency. I chose the style but I let him design the colors. His first design was blue, red, purple, and green. We talked him down to only three colors. He would not budge on the red soles so we eliminated the green from the upper portion and replace it with red. He is very happy with his shoes. They are bright and certainly unique.
Buddy was in the basement the other day and I was calling out to him. Nyla was coming up the stairs at the time so she clearly heard me yelling "Buddy". She told me "No. Name daddy." I stand corrected.

2 comments:
send plans!
It sounds like owning a house is either a. super fun to be able to do whatever you want or b. a huge pain in the neck to have to do what you want! It looks great though! And it's so funny that Nyla corrected you on Buddy's name, since Lincoln wanders around our house all day yelling, "Matt!" over and over as he looks for his daddy while he's at work. :)
Post a Comment