Monday, February 13, 2012

10 on 10

The 10th was too busy to do the 10 pictures so I tried to the 11th instead but that also didn't quite work out. I petered out at the end of the day.

Nyla dressed as a fairy


Bohdin, Buddy, and I played a board game while Nyla played with Cora.


Buddy received a phone call so we had to pause the game. While I waited I made some burritos. The previous day I had made three different fillings so now I just had to cook the tortillas and wrap them. Buddy takes them to work and every couple of months I make up a new batch. This time he chose a tomatillo chicken, veracruz chicken, and a rice and black bean. All of the recipes came from the Rick Bayless cookbook.


Nyla played in the basement while Cora slept. I can't remember what Bohdin was doing. Maybe reading? Lily and the unicorn were picking up treasure.


Nyla playing with a stuffed unicorn and the Playmobil unicorns. I was working on making Nyla's Tangled hair out of yarn. We bought the yarn a few weeks ago and I finally started it. That reminds me what Bohdin was doing earlier. He was making a giant maze out of the yarn.


Cora is awake and checking out the book that Bohdin was reading earlier.


We checked the mail and found a card from Grandma.


After that my tooth started hurting. If I take the medicine on an empty stomach it can make me feel bad and since it was a bit before dinner time my stomach was empty. I had to lay down for a bit. Buddy made dinner.

Cora dressed in the monkey costume. She's seen Nyla wear it so often and she finally had her turn. She really seemed to enjoy it.


Playing with GooGoo.


Cora has had a language explosion. I couldn't keep track of all of the new words she has said in the past few days. Some of them are up, duck, car, cheese, bee, and go. It felt like every hour she would say a new word. Since she does not say words on demand sometimes we would hear something and wish she would repeat it just to be sure but that's not her way.

Nyla and Cora are starting to play together more and more. They have a lot of fun together. While they play, Bohdin reads, looks at board games, or imagines. Bohdin has been wanting to spend a lot of time recently imagining (his word). I'm not a big fan of it because it seems to make him sad. When I asked him what he is imagining he says it's about a computer game. He and Buddy like to play computer games together. I'm trying to keep Bohdin with somebody now so he can't imagine so much. Right now he and Nyla are watching tv while Cora sleeps. He's supposed to be doing his art though while Nyla plays. At least tv is better for him than his imagining.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you explained the "10 on 10" concept in a earlier blog, but I don't remember the concept's point / challenge. Would you repeat it sometime for us retarded sorts?