Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Progress

We've been busy making progress on the house again. Buddy hates tiling so I did the bathroom. It was more time consuming than I expected. It shouldn't take that long to lay 12 tiles but it took a couple of hours. While I was doing that Buddy started tiling the backsplash. He did one section and then I helped a bit with the second section. The toaster oven wall is grouted also. Last night we started on the stove wall. It is by far the biggest one. We worked for a good three hours before I had to call it quits to get the kids to bed. Buddy continued for about 40 more minutes. It's nearly done and it looks much better. It gives the kitchen a more finished feel. The next step after this is paint which should also transform the space.





I went downstairs while Cora was sleeping to take these pictures. Since I had the camera out I took a picture of her sleeping. Today is library day but I didn't want to go to storytime. Taking Cora to the library has become unpleasant so I'll do it later maybe without her. I checked out the Liberty Kids dvds for Bohdin but he has been a bit sulky this week and didn't want to watch them. I finally persuaded him to watch just one before I return it. He loved it so he and Nyla will watch as many as they can before I go. Nyla declared that she loves history but I dont' believe her. She is just copying Bohdin who truly does love history. He spends a lot of time per day listening to his ancient history audio books. I am getting so tired of them. I convinced him yesterday to listen to one that we have only heard three times. We encourage his use of headphones as much as possible. None of the rest of us like it nearly as much as he does. I know I'm not the only one groaning when he walks in the kitchen and asks if he can listen to history.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with the tile work! History rocks!!

anna said...

The tile in the kitchen looks fantastic! Are they individual tiles or a block?

Buddy said...

They are individual tiles that are mounted on 12x12 mesh sheets. Individual tiles are a mixture of glass and stone.