Monday, February 27, 2012

Art



Nyla had been playing baby with Cora.  Prior to me getting the camera she was laying down bundled tightly on the pad.


I haven't taken any pictures of the kids' artwork in a long time. Nyla produces the most art. Cora the copycat is now doing lots of art also since Nyla is. Bohdin joined in this morning. Cora was the only messy one. It will be nice when she's a bit older and I don't have any kids in the messy art stage.



Nyla


Bohdin


Bohdin


Cora




I need to do laundry but not so badly that Nyla doesn't have any clean pants. This morning she complained that she didn't have any clean pants that fit. She wants pants to hit exactly at her ankle. If they are even a smidgen high then they are too short. She's definitely not into capris. We hit up the consignment store a few weeks ago with very limited success. Nyla also only likes stretchy pants so denim and any non knit fabric is out. Nyla has a tiny waist and generous butt and thighs which also make sizing tricky. This evening we went to Target. I made her try on the pants to make sure they were too her liking. Three stretchy pants were not good but two were okay. I made her squat and jump to be certain. She hates it when her pants ride down when squatting. Cora watched Nyla jump around and dance and soon joined in doing everything that Nyla did. I'm not in love with the pants we bought because they are a little too tight in the rear and gaping at the waist. I may have to start making her pants again but I don't have a lot of extra time right now.

There has been no luck with the tree tapping yet. At the tour of the maple farm we were told that identifying a maple tree in winter is very tricky because it looks a lot like other trees in the region. It really does look like we have the right trees but no sap is coming out. Perhaps we are too late or there is some other problem.

One of the girls from across the street came over to play last week. It wasn't long before Nyla came in mad. She said that the girl had been mean but I never found out more. Soon I overheard her saying something to the effect that if you do that then I swear I will kill you. Bohdin didn't say anything but I did. I went outside and told her not to speak like that. Nyla ended up rejoining them eventually and they had fun together making a delivery system with rope up to Nyla's bedroom from outside. The neighbor ran back home and grabbed a stroller and baby for some reason and let Cora play with it after she fell in love. Cora was mad that we had to give the baby back and kept calling out "GooGoo. GooGoo". It seems that Cora thinks all baby dolls are called GooGoo not just the ones that live at our house.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice art work!