Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cincy

Buddy had taken off Thursday and Friday to study for the GRE but since he is no longer going to take it he had some free time. Thursday morning we decided to go to Cincinnati and spend the night. We would go to Ikea, the water park, and whatever else we had time for. It took us longer to get ready than I expected. Bohdin and Nyla were super excited and packed quickly. I put them in charge of packing snacks and it was interesting. They brought a lot of placemats, several spoons, a bowl, and a jumble of food mixed in one bag. There were almonds, napkins, banana bread, an apple, and a pouch of unopened tuna fish sharing the same bag. Cora slept on the way so it was an easy drive.

The plan was for Buddy, Bohdin, and Nyla to do the water park while Cora and I did something else. I was still debating that something else when they came back in the room. The water park was closed on Thursday. We hadn't seen in on their website. The kids were disappointed but handled it well. We decided we would do Ikea that night and the water park in the morning. Ikea was Ikea and we were lucky to make it out with our lives. We were there longer than expected and just made a quick run to the grocery store before heading back to the hotel room and going to bed.

In the morning the kids were so impatient. They were ready to wait at the doors an hour before opening. There was no distracting them at all. They could barely eat because they were so excited. Finally it was time. I took Cora and we went to a nearby thrift store and picked up lunch while Buddy, Bohdin, and Nyla did the water park. When I came with lunch Nyla freaked out that her clothes were wet and she cried for many minutes while I ran to the car to bring her some dry clothes. She stripped naked right there in the lobby of the hotel before we could do anything. She really hates wet clothes. Since she was already in a bad mood from the wet clothes Nyla declared that she didn't have any fun earlier so I took her with me while Buddy and Bohdin stayed a bit longer. I had to run back to Ikea for something that we missed the day before. I really really hope we are done this time but I have a feeling we are not. After that we just drove home. I was hoping to see the Underground Railroad Museum but that will have to wait for another trip.






The other night I dreamed that I was attending a screening party for a friend who had made a movie. I was having trouble paying attention because I wasn't feeling well. I just kept feeling worse and was having difficulty breathing. In my dream I was pulling down on my shirt and gasping for air. I woke up and found Cora sleeping on my chest with her head resting on my throat.

Nyla loves hotels and often asks to go to one. Today she was playing that she would visit her fairy friend Nina in a hotel and asked if we wanted to come. After clearing it with Nina on the phone it was decided that we would all go. Nyla told Buddy that he could even work on a bathroom there in the hotel. Buddy declined and said he didn't want to work on any new bathrooms. Nyla then casually mentioned Nina's invention that finishes bathrooms so he wouldn't have to do any more work. Buddy was really interested especially after hearing that it was only $30. He pulled out his wallet but then wisely decided he would wait until the invention arrived and finished the work before paying Nina. If only it was true. Buddy did get some work done and the framing is nearly complete. Tomorrow we plan to tile the floor.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Great to hear of progress on the bath! I think I would have opted for the "magic" solution.