While I was out by myself on Saturday, Buddy and the kids made me a beautiful piece of art. I'll have to take a better picture soon. Cora pointed to it all day and said "pretty". She is quite proud of her work. Buddy made me a big breakfast in the morning with french toast, fruit, and bagels with smoked salmon. Nyla also chose some flowers for me which I need to plant soon.
Jenn brought Cora a blue monkey when she was here. On Saturday Nyla went to a yard sale and picked up a small brown monkey so she now owns three monkeys. The new monkey named Brownie is the baby. Blue is the mom and George is the dad. We played monkey a lot over the weekend. I thought it was a lot. Nyla thought it was hardly at all. Piggie has been cast aside for Brownie. Brownie came with us today to my eye appointment and Brownie was supposed to sleep with Nyla tonight. Piggie has been in the toy box almost all weekend. He only came out to attend Brownie's birthday party.
Bohdin lost another tooth last night. Once again he chose to keep it instead of giving it up to the tooth fairy. Nyla is impatiently waiting for her tooth to fall out. She is ready to get a present from the tooth fairy. I told her it could be years but it wasn't the response she was looking for.
Our strawberries have been ripening for the past several weeks. Because we did such a poor job of taking care of them last year our crop this year is small. The strawberries are small and there are few of them. Cora is the only one interested in eating them so they are mostly just rotting out there. The neighbors have come by a couple of times to pick. Tonight we went out to work in the yard. Buddy built a structure for the kiwi plants while I weeded the raspberries. The raspberries have been kind of neglected as well. I didn't pick many last year because I would feel so guilty to see so many weeds growing among them. Bohdin picked a lot of the raspberries last year and did share a few. Tonight I weeded a lot and two of the four rows look pretty good. It was getting dark so I couldn't quite finish up the second row. Bohdin and Cora were outside with us helping out. They would load up the wagon with the weeds and grass and then dump them out. Bohdin pulled the wagon and Cora pushed it. They made a great team. I had no idea what Nyla was doing. It turns out that since she couldn't find a job to help outside that she wanted to help inside. She unloaded as much of the dishwasher as she could. She was really proud of her idea and couldn't wait to show me.

1 comment:
What a wonderful Mother's Day!
Post a Comment