I don't know where the time goes. We've had a quiet week to recover from the craziness of the past few weeks. Nyla doesn't like that because she likes to go out a lot more than I do. I did take her to story time this week after a several month absence. Cora didn't do well and I thought I would give her another chance. She still sucks. She wasn't too bad for the actual story time for her but once we were looking for books she was running around pulling books off the shelves. She refused to be held while I was checking out and it was embarrassing how she ran around. Bohdin was supposed to keep her contained but that is an impossible task. He tried.
Cora only knows the name of one color which is yellow. When she holds up a red diaper she'll ask "yellow?". She will do the same for most of the colors. I don't know if yellow is her favorite color or just the one name she latched onto. She doesn't seem to pick out the yellow diapers with greater frequency. She also knows only one number which is two. She saw two birds outside this morning and said "two birds". There actually were two birds but it was just a lucky guess. She would have said the same thing if there were three birds.
Bohdin has been reading like crazy this week. His reading confidence has increased tremendously so he tackles chapter books without a problem now. I should actually be requesting more books right now because he has read almost all of the 40 books I checked out yesterday. Only about six of those were chapter books and the rest were picture books of varying length.
Nyla loves doing art and I've always had art supplies within reach so she could do it whenever she liked. With Cora getting crazy with the paint I had to put those away so Nyla could do it only when Cora was sleeping. Last week Nyla drew on the side of the chair in marker and somebody colored the wall behind the couch. Nyla has just entered the lying phase so I don't know if the coloring was her or Cora. The chair was quite obviously Nyla although she denies it. It looks like Nyla art. The markers and crayons were put away also where Cora can't reach.
Cora is not just our trouble maker. She can also be really sweet. This week she learned how to give real kisses and has been kissing Buddy and I all over. She kisses my shoulder a lot but any body part will do for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment