Nyla has been acting quite unusual lately. Two days ago she wanted pink milk so she took the pink stuff from the cupboard and a cup. "Spoon please mama." I hand her the spoon and she puts a tiny amount of powder into her cup. "Enough. Milk please." I take the milk out and pour some into the cup. "Straw please." She takes the straw puts away the pink powder and goes on her way. That night she was eating dinner by herself. I asked her if she wanted me to join her at the table. She scoots over on her tiny child chair, pats it and says "come mama".
I wonder if is possible to have both children behave nicely at the same time. Now that Nyla is being gentle, Bohdin is being aggressive and antagonizing. Nyla just tells him "no kick me" or "no push me". It's strange to see the aggressor become patient and vice versa.
Bohdin is going to be a knight for Halloween this year and Nyla wants to copy him. While at Michael's today we saw a sword and Roman gladiator helmet. I told him we would come back if we didn't find a better one. Next door was the Halloween store. Bohdin was excited to go in but changed his mind quickly once we actually entered the store. There was a fog machine and they were playing eerie music. Bohdin wanted out right away. We looked around briefly anyway. When we came home Bohdin asked that we never go to a Halloween store again.
I bought Bohdin some random Playmobil parts direct. The thing he was most excited about was the hay. Once during our battle I stole his hay. He started crying and said without the hay his horses couldn't eat and would die. These are flying horses that require me to shoot them a thousand times before dying. It wasn't as fun to find the Achille's heel in these lopsided battles as I imagined. Because he was so excited about the hay I checked out a book from the library titled "Haystack". It talks about how farmers used to put the hay into one big pile in the middle of the field. During the winter the cows would eat the hay and use it as a shield from storms. Bohdin thought it was hilarious that they would eat their own shelter. Maybe my next Playmobil strategy will be to have my camels eat the hay hideout. While Bohdin laughs I'll capture the treasure.

No comments:
Post a Comment