Nyla had a checkup with the dentist because she had three cavities that need to be addressed. The dentist wanted to do her front teeth in one visit with no medication. I was really skeptical but thought it was worth a shot. I talked to Nyla about not moving and that it wouldn't hurt. She had her appointment yesterday and it worked. Nyla layed on top of me for the entire thing which took less than 30 minutes. She did stay still and kept her mouth mostly open. A few times she inadvertently (I think) bit the dentist and they assistant. I was really surprised. She was able to pick out a prize although Bohdin thought she was able to pick out two prizes since I also grabbed toothpaste for her. At our last appointment she chose a glow in the dark bouncy ball with an eye on it. She was mad that I wouldn't let her climb all over the chairs in the waiting room after the appointment. I carried a struggling girl out. Finally in frustration she threw her bouncy ball in the parking lot. She looked for it but couldn't find it. This time she didn't try to use the chairs as a jungle gym or throw her ball in the parking lot. She still has a cavity on her molar. The dentist says she will need medicine for this one. Once again I am skeptical if this will work but we'll see soon.
Afterward we went to the Children's museum in Annapolis. Bohdin was excited until we arrived. I don't know which museum he was expecting but he didn't want to go in. I told him we would only stay for 30 minutes. Ninety minutes later I dragged them out while telling them we could come back another time. It's not a big space. It's more like a rundown playroom but we expected it to be more popular. Bohdin and Nyla were the only kids there. They played with the train table, kitchen, and child sized tugboat the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment