Thursday, June 10, 2010

Visit

Buddy's parents arrived Friday afternoon. I should have updated more frequently and taken a lot more pictures. Bohdin and Nyla were both so excited to have them here. We were all glad to have them her actually. They drove up our new minivan which I'm slowly getting used to. I've had my car for 10 years now and I'm giving it up because I have to not because I want to. Buddy is going to drive it now and will surely not treat it well. He's been driving a V8 for years so it will be difficult for him to go down to a 4 cylinder. My car just doesn't have the power his does although that won't stop him from trying.

Saturday just ended up as a work in the yard day. We have a big yard that always needs attention. I hadn't finished mowing before they arrived so that was completed. Over the course of the visit some other areas of the yard were addressed. The hollies are trimmed and the back of the yard that had turned into jungle was mowed. It looks much better now or it did on Saturday anyway. Now it's almost time to mow again.

Sunday Buddy took his parents to the historical arms museum in town while I took the kids to the science museum. They are just a block from each other. The robot exhibit is in its final days so we had to do the robot arm one last time. Bohdin tried to convince Buddy to go to the science museum by saying the history museum would be there any time but this was his only chance to do the robot exhibit. The kids had fun with me while the other adults were able to see the museum without the distraction of little kids.

Monday we did a tour of the Buffalo Gap bourbon factory in Frankfort. I found it quite interesting. None of us came out bourbon drinkers but I can appreciate the process of how it is made. The kids did not find the tour fascinating at all. After lunch we headed to Shaker Town in Pleasant Hill. We arrived later than intended and only had 90 minutes to look around. Bohdin and I spent a good deal of time with the broom maker. Bohdin wanted to grow broom corn so we could make our own brooms but we don't need to since we are both proud owners of a Shaker broom. The most interesting part was the solo vocalist who sang and spoke about the Shaker worship service. The kids were mostly bored here as well. Bohdin liked the brooms, Nyla liked ordering the goats to eat her leaves, and they both collected goose feathers.

I think the funniest part of the visit came one night when Bohdin was getting ready for bed. He used the toilet in the bathroom where Papa was taking a shower instead of our bathroom. When Bohdin came to bed I told him that he shouldn't have used that bathroom because Papa needed his privacy. Bohdin said, "Don't worry. I didn't see his penis. I was too busy talking to him."





Posted by Picasa

No comments: