The hot weather has really helped our garden take off. This is our first time growing corn and we're liking it so far. The corn seems to grow several inches each day. It's encouraging to see that kind of progress in something besides weeds. We have been harvesting a few strawberries every day which is surprising. We learned our lesson about planting warm weather crops too early. With the exception of the corn nothing else liked being planted before May. We shouldn't have disregarded the advice about waiting to plant until after Derby. The last frost had been weeks prior to that but the ground just wasn't warm enough yet. Lesson learned.
I woke up early one morning to see ducks in the garden. I had seen them previously in a neighbor's yard but I had never seen them fly into ours. I don't mind them since they didn't damage anything. I could do without the rabbits and deer though.

1 comment:
I think I figured out your favorite cookbook:
green eggs and ham by Dr Seuss
Post a Comment