Sunday, May 30, 2010

Forgetting



We had a pretty uneventful week. We went to playgroup on Tuesday which Bohdin enjoyed. Nyla is still a little sulky about the fact that Bohdin is playing with others. She refuses to join in but at least she'll play by herself. That's the only thing I remember doing in the past week but my memory is gone. I called the electric company last week because I realized they forgot to send me a bill. I was confused by the zero balance until I checked the bank records and found that not only had I received the bill but I had also payed it. I had a similar incident a few weeks ago when I went to get the new midwife referral. I noticed the sign saying they would send a postcard with pap results. I realized I had never received mine. I almost asked them to look it up but decided to wait and look it up in my medical records. The reason I never received the results was because I didn't have a pap smear. There are too many forgetful moments lately.

It's been quite hot so I bought a little pool for the backyard. The kids have been having a lot of fun. I think Bohdin may spend half the summer in his swim shorts. Nyla will just be naked. She doesn't like wearing wet clothes so as soon as her bathing suit gets wet off it comes.




Bohdin has been wanting to get me a mother's day present for quite some time. I have no idea if this is what he always had in mind but Saturday upon returning from Lowes for the building clinic he came home with a present. He thanked me for doing so much for his family. It was very sweet. It also reminded me of a conversation I had with him last week. He asked me if I wanted to know if he loved me or daddy more. I said no since it is not a contest. After a few moments he asked if I wanted to know why he loved me. I agreed to that. He said it was because I was with him. When I asked for an explanation he said he liked that I was able to stay with him even when daddy is gone.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karey said...

Bohdin is so sweet! I bet it's moments like that that make you glad you made the decision to stay home with your children!

We miss you guys!

Helen said...

He's mentioned that sort of thing several times in the past. I know it means a lot to him that I am close.

We miss you too. You were the best neighbor ever!