Nyla: Dora! Dora! Dora! Dora! Dora! Dora! Dora! Dora! Dora! Dora!
me: You can watch Dora when we get home.
Nyla: No! I don't want to watch Dora! I'm not part of this family.
Then she starts crying.
When it was time to get ready for bed that night I wanted to check something on the computer really quick. As I did that Bohdin and Nyla got ready for bed all by themselves. Jammies on, bladders emptied, teeth brushed, and face washed. Then they crawled into bed together to look at a book together. It's hard to believe that in a few weeks I'll have to wait years to get back to this point again.
Bohdin developed a cold on Wednesday probably thanks to the science museum. It's not hard to imagine one of those hundreds of kids there sick. Nyla also had a few sniffles but not as bad as Bohdin. He spent yesterday trying to relax but he's not really good at that. This morning he woke up looking better. He crawled into my lap. I commented on how big he was getting. He said that soon he would be too big for that but the baby would be small enough. Then we had this conversation:
Bohdin: When I'm big I'm going to be the baby's daddy.
Me: Don't you think daddy will be the baby's daddy?
Bohdin: If daddy dies before the baby gets big. You know the older you are the sooner you die.

1 comment:
that makes me sad
Post a Comment