My dad stopped by late Wednesday night along with John. They had a meeting in Lexington and stopped by for a quick visit. The kids went to bed late that night. They hadn't seen granpa in almost three years. Bohdin was excitedly showing off but Nyla was more reserved. Nyla's fever came back that night along with diarrhea. We didn't go anywhere on Thursday because she had a fever off an on throughout the day. She had no appetite and the diarrhea continued. I had to finish cleaning to get ready for the visitors coming that night. Nyla layed on the floor with a blanket and pillow and watched me clean. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. The house felt really big that day.
Paul and Jenn arrived Thursday night about the time that Nyla's fever broke. The kids had been looking forward to their arrival for quite some time. I had tasked Paul with replacing the basement sliding glass door when he came since it wasn't something Buddy could do on his own. I know Buddy would never allow me to carry a heavy door down to the basement. He and Justin got the door out pretty quickly. Then we discovered that the door we bought would not work. After a lot of scrambling it turns out our only option would have been a custom door that would take weeks to build or another sliding glass door. With a gaping hole in the basement and a lot of rain forecasted it wasn't a tough decision. Paul and his friends installed the new door Friday afternoon.
Nyla started feeling sick again Thursday night. Her poop was completely liquid at that point and she even threw up the little she had eaten. She had a high fever throughout the night. Her fever broke again in the morning and stayed away the rest of the day. She still complained of her stomach hurting and couldn't sit on the potty without liquid poop coming out. By Friday evening though she was starting to feel better again. She ate food and she had a poop that wasn't complete liquid. She is awake now Saturday morning. She is grumpy so Bohdin and I are going to try to stay far away from her today.
Bohdin has had a good time with our visitors. He played duck duck goose with them yesterday and ball. The night before he played Incan Gold. It's good that somebody is paying attention to him because Nyla has been sucking all of my time. He asked me yesterday why I've been laying in bed so much. It has not been by choice.

No comments:
Post a Comment