I was out in the garden the other day with Bohdin putting up fishing line as a trellis for the peas. I cut the line before weaving them through the poles. The first row I way overestimated so I tried to go shorter on the second row. I made it hallway between the last stick and the second to last stick. Bohdin was standing right there and I pointed out to him that it was too short and I wasn't sure what to do. I was running through options in my head when Bohdin suggested I tie it to the line that was remaining from the previous row. I had not thought of that option yet and it was perfect. I was so proud that he could problem solve so well.
Bohdin and Nyla were playing pillow house in the hallway before bed while I was checking my email on the computer. I could hear them giggling and having lots of fun. Bohdin ran into the bedroom and told me that Nyla was painting the mattress. I walk into Bohdin's bedroom and find that Bohdin was started opening the packaging around the new mattress while Nyla took out the roller and was painting it. I was not happy and told her to stop. Nyla covered her ears and ran from the room. I found her hiding in the bedroom under a blanket. When she came out she told Bohdin "We both bad". I never said anything remotely like that. I gave her a hug.
Nyla had her chance to really paint the next day when I started painting her bedroom. She has been so excited for that so I thought I would go ahead and do one wall. It will be next week at least before the whole thing is done but for now she is happy with what is done. She reminds us several times per day that she likes "pinky". She says she loves her room. I think it looks overwhelmingly pink and it's not even done yet. She'll really love it when the pink curtains, sheets, and blanket go in.

No comments:
Post a Comment