I'm not crazy about this picture but it does show my 27 week belly in Bohdin's unfinished room. I'll need to find a new provider for that baby belly since I received a letter from my OBGYN on Tuesday dumping me. We discussed a saline lock at the appointment last week. Somebody decided I'm not worth the hassle. Midwives cannot get a licence in Kentucky but there is a midwife/OBGYN group in Indiana that I have contacted. I'll email one of the midwives and see if the can live with my crazy demands before I get a referral from the midwife at Ft Knox. (Midwives are allowed to practice there since it is federal land or something) Buddy thought it was too bad I couldn't just go to Colorado where they are more progressive. We're just trying to make things as much like Nyla's birth as possible. That's a battle around here and one we won't win. It's impossible not to try though.
Bohdin had a doctor's appointment this morning. This is the second time that a doctor said that he is obviously doing well based on the things Bohdin says. Next time I'll have to ask them what they mean. Bohdin has never said anything profound or impressive to a doctor. We had to fill out a bunch of paperwork which included drawing and writing samples. It's too bad that the stuff that is now on file is so sloppy. Bohdin was way more interested in watching the cartoon than drawing triangles. Afterward both he and Nyla had some shots. It was the first time the kids made a big deal out of it. They both cried a bit afterward and both are complaining of pain many hours later. Bohdin complains of dizziness often. The doctor didn't find anything wrong and I'm not surprised. I was concerned at first but now I think Bohdin is either exaggerating this or sort of making it up. He never seems dizzy. He just complains for a few minutes and then stops.
We stopped at the commissary after the appointment. I ran the basket into an end of aisle display of hot sauce. Several bottles shattered on the floor. It was so embarrassing. I've never done anything like that before. Then I stopped at Sonic to get a slush for Bohdin. I dropped it in the car. The lid flew off and every single drop poured out onto the mat at my feet. Last night I dropped a cup which resulted in a broken handle. I'm definitely in the midst of a clumsy streak.

4 comments:
stay away from the power tools.......
Bohdin's room is looking way cool! Good choice, Cool Cat!
I share your clumsy streak pain. The other day at the gym I knocked my iPod off of the elliptical three or four times, and then when I got home I spilled milk all over the counter. I know I had a few other minor fumbles of things over the next day or two, culminating in my dropping my glasses in the parking lot when I switched them out for my sunglasses, and not realizing it until I got home. Luckily, nobody had driven over them.
So irritating that you can't find an OB that will work with you! I've recently been very irritated by the whole midwife/OB profession! They all need to a) take a chill pill, and b) get some sensitivity training!
Your house is looking so great! How fun to be able to decorate the way you and your kids want things!
Post a Comment