Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Bohdin has been looking forward to Easter for weeks. I think it's probably his favorite holiday. Decorating eggs and hiding eggs has a wonderful appeal to him. I bought 42 eggs for him to decorate. Minus the three or so cracked ones he decorated a lot of eggs. In the end he and Nyla also cracked quite a few so Easter morning we had around 36. At some point I left the cracked ones in the stash because I was throwing away too many. Bohdin decorated his eggs with glitter and sequins while Nyla painted her dyed eggs pink. It took two days and it was very messy. I still have glitter stuck to the floor under the table. In between egg decorating was preparing garden beds. It's not how we wanted to spend our weekend but this was the only weekend it could be done. My hands are sore from the tiller. Buddy worked many more hours than I did so he has muscle soreness and a sunburn. We did it though. Well mostly. I'll have to finish up while Buddy is gone but the tilling is done. I need to finish laying out the beds, add nutrients to the soil, plant a lot, and add the mulch. I told Buddy after this weekend he would be glad he could go to Alabama.

Sunday morning Buddy went out to hide both the real eggs and the plastic eggs. We had over one hundred plastic eggs. It took Buddy about 40 minutes to hide everything. Bohdin was so excited. I was able to convince him to change out of his jammies and eat one strawberry before he was out the door. He doesn't like to eat breakfast first thing in the morning anyway but I knew I would lose him to candy after he found the eggs. He found way more eggs than Nyla but I had them empty the candy into plastic bags that they could share. While Nyla was napping Bohdin refilled every plastic egg so he could hide the eggs again. He was sad that Nyla ruined the surprise by discovering what he was doing after her nap but they had anyway finding the eggs that Bohdin hid. Bohdin liked it so much he did it again. This time Nyla and I had to help him hide eggs. Nyla buried them in our newly tilled soil. Buddy stumbled upon a stash when we were working out there in the evening. There is at least one more because Nyla was out there digging for one she couldn't find. Bohdin came in looking grimy for his bath after hours of Easter egg hunting and hiding. He was full of candy and egg yolks. Hardboiled eggs are his favorite way to eat eggs. He ate at least seven egg yolks. He doesn't like the white part as much and since it was dyed we just threw that part away.





Bohdin and Nyla with the Easter baskets I made. It's pretty obvious that they each chose the fabric. Nyla picked pink and Bohdin picked purple and rainbow.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

P said...

the fridge is a great place to hide a basket of eggs, the kids will look for hours outside while you can sit indoors and do other things