An employee loaded the lawnmower in my trunk the best he could. He had to take it out of the box and then half put it in. I had to make the short drive home with the trunk open. I had a really frustrating time trying to get it together but after a phone call to Buddy who called somebody else the problem was resolved. I'm so glad the grass is cut. We're no longer the neighborhood eyesore. I don't really have any plans to cut the grass in the back. It's a lot weedier so it's actually not as long.
The chickens are tired of being inside and continually try to escape their wall of boxes. I had good ideas for a great looking a frame chicken coop but my dreams exceeded my ability by a long shot. I had to call Paul to tell me how to unlock the saw. I've never used one before and I have very very limited experience with a power screwdriver (is that what they're called?). I experienced a lot of frustration trying to figure out how all of these things worked. It's not a great story but the next day the chickens were ready to go outside at noon. I ran out of wire so we have a baby gate for a door. That probably worked out for the best anyway. When Buddy comes home he can make it look better. For now the chickens aren't complaining. Bohdin is though. He complains every morning and evening when he has to bring them in or out. They are getting harder to catch. Nyla is responsible for taking the food out and I do the water. Maybe I can rig up some sort of temporary outdoor sleeping solution. Something along the lines of a plastic box. Buddy is supposed to be back in less than two weeks now.

3 comments:
Please take care of you, too.
Please take care of you, too
Unfortunately responsibilities don't stop just because one is pregnant but I was thinking it would be awesome if the grass or even better the weeds stopped growing temporarily.
Post a Comment