Friday, June 4, 2010

We suck

Bohdin and I went out to check on the chickens this morning and found them dead. I noticed two and didn't look for the rest. The one I had the best view of had been partially eaten. I'm too pregnant to get on my hands and knees to search out the rest. I can't believe we were only able to keep them safe for just over 24 hours. We have no idea how it happened. Maybe a raccoon? We are very despondent. We have to build a Ft Knox structure to keep our chickens safe. I don't know if I'm willing to risk more chicken lives this season.

We went to a homeschool fair this morning to look for used curriculum. I did find the geography curriculum I wanted to use for Bohdin next year. The savings from that were not enough to offset all of our other purchases though. There were so many books for sale there at such great prices. We came home with lots of books, three computer games for Bohdin, a board game, and some other stuff. We'll definitely go again next year. It felt brutally hot and Nyla became quite uncooperative as we made our way to the car. It took at least five times longer than it should have because she either wanted to lay on the ground or stop and look at books.

This actually happened weeks ago but I remembered today. Bohdin was bouncing around so I commented to Nyla that there was a kangaroo. Bohdin denied it since he had no pouch. Somehow the talk moved over to babies. I said something to the effect that perhaps he would have a baby someday. He said he couldn't since he doesn't have a uterus. I was surprised to hear that response from the same kid who thinks girls pee out of their butt.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry about your chickens. :-(