We haven't been to Lowes for the building projects in quite some time. Saturday I asked Bohdin if he wanted to go and he said yes. Buddy and I were still up in the bedroom. I was on the computer trying to confirm that they had one yesterday. Of course while I was on I checked my email and the date of Irish festival. I checked the clock and saw that we would have to leave soon. I went to the basement to talk to Bohdin about the Irish festival but he wasn't there. When I came back upstairs I looked outside and saw Bohdin waiting in the minivan already buckled up. There is no telling how long he had been in there. Maybe ten minutes. I came back inside and grabbed everybody else so we could go. From Lowes we went to the Irish festival. I can't believe people paid to get in. They had free admission for military which was nice. There was music, some vendors, a little bit of food and beer, and crafts. The kids really enjoyed the crafts. They each made a shield and crown. Nyla had her arm painted. Bohdin caught gold leprechauns in a bottle. We didn't stay for the puppet or magic show. Bohdin thanked us for taking him there. I don't think he learned much about Ireland but he had fun.
Yesterday evening I made banana bread and the kids wanted to help. I like that they want to help but I wish it wasn't so messy. After they came out of the oven I went upstairs with Buddy to watch tv. The older kids were in the basement playing. Bohdin came up with a nicely arranged plate of banana bread for us. Then he brought us water. Then he started cleaning. He just kept wanting to do nice things last night. Finally I had to draw the line and tell him that it was too late and he had to go to bed.
I woke up this morning to the sound of dishes being put away in the kitchen. I assumed it was Buddy but Bohdin came up a few minutes later and said he had done it. He also emptied the drier, brought dirty dishes from the basement, and organized the shoes by the front door. Then he brought Buddy and I banana bread. Nyla was sleeping so he placed a doll beside her. He gave Cora a clean diaper. He has been on a cleaning and helping kick. He just came upstairs right now asking if I'm ready to help him harvest. I better go.

No comments:
Post a Comment