Thursday, September 16, 2010

Growing Up

Earlier this week I noticed that one of Bohdin's bottom front teeth was crooked. I touched it and discovered it was loose. Bohdin had pushed it out to that angle with his tongue. When I look at pictures from several weeks ago I notice the crooked tooth also. There is no telling how long it will take to come out. Bohdin does not seem to be one of those kids who plays with it to help nature along. He didn't even realize it was loose. I just hope he is aware of it falling out. He's really excited about getting money from the tooth fairy finally.

When we came back from story time at the library yesterday Bohdin did his spelling lesson. We are really relaxed with the lessons. Someimes we pull out the letters but it is usually us just asking him to spell words throughout the day that are relevant to his current lesson. He was doing really well with words with final blends. The last lesson before being able to read the first story in the accompanying reader was only one lesson away. Initial blends had to be mastered which includes words like glad or bring. Reading ability outpaces spelling ability so I decided to get the reader out. Bohdin was able to read through the first story without difficulty. It was over 20 pages long with usually two sentences per page. I was really excited and proud but Bohdin was really nonchalant about reading. Even later when I made him do it again for Buddy he didn't care that he had just read.

Cora is still a sleepy baby. The past two days she has probably been up for a total of four hours each day. It works for her because she can get pretty grumpy when she's tired. I think it's nice to have such a sleepy baby. If only she slept well in the car it would be awesome. She hits times when she is just done with the car. Bohdin just woke up so I've lost my train of thought. He's saying good morning to Cora. The other day he told her that he loves her the most. Nyla likes her so much she is already asking for more siblings. Bohdin is telling Cora that he loves her and she can't stop grinning. Bohdin says that she is saying "I love you" to him.


 
 

Buddy did the demolition of the new kitchen area last week. We're still planning out the new space.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

anna said...

I think the older she gets, the more Cora looks like Nyla.

The toothfairy is very forgetful at our house. I hope she is less forgetful at yours. :)

P said...

are you guys planning on removing the fireplace?

Helen said...

The girls do have some features in common. I don't think Cora looks like baby Bohdin anymore. Well maybe a bit but she is certainly going her own direction.

We're not getting rid of the fireplace. It could be a structural part of the house so not something we want to mess with.