Thursday, September 30, 2010

Memorable

Tuesday we went to see the stage performance of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. The book is very short but somebody managed to write a screenplay to make it nearly an hour long. Whoever did this should never write again. I thought it was boring. The kids seemed to like it okay. Afterward we went to the store to get new pillows. The bed bug scare has hit Buddy and he thought we should replace all of our pillows even though we don't have bed bugs. We walked out of the store with a lot of pillows. That evening at the dinner table I told the kids to tell daddy what we had done that day. They both mentioned the pillows. When I asked what we had before that Nyla said we looked at toys. I asked even before that. She thought really hard and then said home. Neither child recalled having seen the play that day without me mentioning it.

Yesterday the AC guy was here for the third time. Someday we'll get the air conditioning running. The weather has cooled to a very pleasant 80 degrees so we don't need it but our home warranty expires in November so it needs to be fixed by then. We did a great job doing schoolwork directly after breakfast yesterday morning. It's a routine I would like to continue. Nyla did some light math and Bohdin did several things. I pulled out his math workbook and it talked about pairs that made the number five. After it was done I wanted him to give me some additional ones. I thought he would say something like 1+1+1+2 because he does that often. Instead he gave me all subtraction. I don't think he could have done this for the number six. I'll find out soon when we do that page. Bohdin is still stuck on words with initial blends. We'll be working on that lesson for who knows how long. He did do a few correct today so he's getting it very slowly. He's having trouble segmenting those initial blends but I know someday he's going to wake up and just be able to do it. Then we can move on.

I found out a few weeks ago that Cora is sensitive to me eating buckwheat. It makes her throw up. Tuesday night I ate quinoa and hazelnuts for the first time since having Cora. She was not happy yesterday. She was grumpy because her stomach hurt. She spit up a lot and threw up once. I woke up to my happy smiley girl this morning so all is well today. Well it would be except now she's tired and cranky.

No comments: