Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

We spent labor day doing lots of labor. All of the peppers from the garden were picked and processed. We made a lot of sofrito and numerous batches of roasted jalapeno and tomato salsa. Everybody pitched in but it still felt like a lot of work. Eventually I just gave up. We still have leftover roasted tomatoes but I may just use it for sauce. There is frozen tomato sauce in the freezer already but we can use more.

Grandma also finished the binding on Nyla's quilt. It looks so good. Unfortunately she won't have time to finish Bohdin's quilt so he may have to wait quite some time. The garden benefited a lot from grandma's presence because now he raspberries aren't choked by weeds. Many wheelbarrow loads of weeds were removed from all over the garden. Buddy and I haven't kept up with it as well as we wanted. Our tomato crop paid the price. Although I couldn't keep up with the processing of the tomatoes we did have.

Buddy says that Cora is stingy with her smiles but that's not quite accurate. She is quite generous with her smiles when she is looking at Nyla. Buddy says they are probably grimaces since Nyla is always kissing and hugging Cora but he's just jealous. Bohdin doesn't get the smiles that Nyla does but Cora pays more attention to him than she does to Buddy or I. We hardly warrant eye contact whereas Bohdin gets eyes glued to him around the room.

When Bohdin plays computer games Nyla likes to watch. Now she is able to play games herself. I don't know why I'm so suprised that she can navigate the laptop and website. Nyla isn't a baby anymore.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: