Bohdin was so excited to go to soccer practice on Thursday that he wanted me to be three hours early. We would then wait in the car until it was time. That didn't sound like a good idea to me so we came home from the art museum and had lunch. While Cora was sleeping Nyla came upstairs and laid down next to me. She is pretty much done with naps so it was unusual when she fell asleep. When Bohdin came upstairs asking if it was time to leave he woke both of the girls. Nyla had a fever. She really didn't want to get up but we had to go. I wish I had called to verify that practice was on because we found out after driving there that it was canceled due to the snow. Nyla has had a fever on and off since then. The first night was the worst temperature wise. We did discover though that Nyla becomes a sweet, patient, obedient little girl when she has a high fever. I don't even need to use a thermometer. I know that if she demands I take her temperature then she doesn't have a fever. Cora is now sick also. She doesn't have the fever but she does have the mucus. Actually Buddy and I have this as well.
Nyla couldn't go to the special story time at the library yesterday so Bohdin, Cora, and I went. The biggest reason they wanted to go was to get a piece of cake. I left Bohdin by himself in storytime while I went to find the video Nyla requested. Next to the videos were the audio books. Buddy and I read a longer story to Bohdin last week and he really liked it. I thought we might give audio books a try. I know I don't have the time or desire to read really long books to him right now. I detest reading long books aloud. Bohdin thought the idea of an audio book was strange. Why would someone record a mommy reading a book? I put the cd of James and the Giant Peach on for him last night and he loved it. When I went down to the basement to tell him it was bedtime he was nearly done with the over two hour story. When he came upstairs he hugged me an told me that he liked it. He wants to check them all out now. This morning he woke up before everybody else and went down to the basement and started the book again.
No comments:
Post a Comment