Saturday, January 1, 2011

On the Move

I put Cora on the floor a feet away from me in the basement on Thursday. I was cutting out fabric and Cora was on her belly with some toys in front of her. I looked up several minutes later and she was gone. I could no longer see her. I stood up and scanned around the room and didn't see her. I walked around to the front of the couch and found that she had scooted back several feet. It was the furthest she had ever traveled. Bohdin and I proceeded to clear out a Cora space for her. I told the kids that no more nonCora toys were allowed in that area. Of course the kids promptly set up a huge picnic and pillow house in the clear area. They just can't pass up the opportunity to put their stamp on a clear area. This morning I saw her roll over onto her back and then roll onto her belly again. She covered a good bit of ground with that move. She luckily wasn't aware of what she accomplished. I'm not ready for her to roll around a room.

Yesterday we went to the scratch and dent store in town. We were undecided about the size of the stove. I wanted 30" and Buddy wanted 36". I thought we would just look around but we found a 36" stove. In addition we found a great fridge for us. I don't care for side by side fridges but they are way more kid friendly than the french door fridge with the freezer on the bottom. Nyla can't really reach anything in those types of refrigerators. We found a discontinued model that is a hybrid between the two. The top is a side by side fridge. On the bottom are two small compartments that can function as either freezer space or refrigerator space.

After spending thousands of dollars we went out for lunch. I ate something I should not have because that evening Cora started throwing up. She also pooped three times. I'm not sure what it was that didn't work out for her. She wasn't too grumpy so I took a few pictures of her last night. That was the most significant thing we did last night. We did nothing to celebrate the new year.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: