Nyla is finally starting to feel better after days or rather nights of on and off fevers. Unfortunately sweet Nyla lasted only that one day and she has used up all remaining sweetness for the foreseeable future. It has not been pleasant. Cora has been getting worse. I'm on the fence about taking her into the doctor. She hasn't had a fever but seems to be drowning in mucus. She sounds so pathetic. Yesterday was worse than today. Yesterday she didn't even have the strength to fight the suction. This morning she did. I'm still considering it but she just fell asleep on my lap so I'll wait to decide until she wakes up. The other kids are still sleeping even though it's 9:37. We've all been tired lately.
In addition to sick kids yesterday we had no water. The plumbers were here for 12 hours trying to get stuff done. The laundry room hookups have been moved to the new location and a lot of the old plumbing has been reworked and brought up to code. The plumber had to come back in this morning to finish a few things and meet the inspector. Phase one of the plumbing is complete. I did a lot of laundry on Monday because I knew I would be losing my washing machine for a few days but I didn't think they would undo the old fittings. I may have a trip to the nearby laundromat in my near future.

No comments:
Post a Comment