I was asked if Cora was a good teether and I mistakenly said yes. In fact she is a horrendous teether. She has been sleeping poorly for at least a week and for the few days prior to the tooth erupting she would wake up quite often crying. She was also breathing through her mouth at the time and having some congestion issues. If I'm lucky the congestion was an unfortunate coincidence. The past two days she wanted to be held constantly. This is a huge change from our regular routine. She is usually quite content in either her exersaucer or on the floor. Not recently. If I'm not holding her she was crying and even when I was holding her she would get fussy at times. Last night Buddy rubbed her gums in the shower for a long time. Last night she finally slept calmly and today she has been her happy self again. For the most part anyway. I did have to hold her while making lunch today but she was tired and hungry at the time. I was trying to accomplish a lot quickly after coming home from the art museum.
Nyla and I are stuck in a power struggle over peeing. For the past several weeks Nyla will hold her pee as long as she can before going. Sometimes she has accidents which don't bother me but something the waiting causes her pain which does bother me. If she pees when she needs to it doesn't hurt but she insists on waiting and eventually it does start hurting. She has given me a million excuses of why she can't pee. Her pee wants to do art. Her pee wants to play. Her pee is having fun. Her pee wants to stay inside. Her pee wants to hear a story first. She will hold it for hours. It has become very annoying.
No comments:
Post a Comment