Saturday, September 17, 2011

Birthday

Buddy's birthday was Wednesday. I took the kids out Tuesday night to get a gift which was probably too last minutes. Buddy requested clothes but when I questioned if he really wanted the kids to pick out his clothes he recanted but because nobody could come up with anything better that didn't cost a lot we went with clothes. Nyla kept saying we should go to strawberry land to get the present because there are more choices there and it is cheaper or free. I heard "you should have" and "I told you" so many times over the past week about strawberry land that I never want to hear about strawberry land again. I wish Nyla could have provided directions but she was never able to.

Bohdin and Nyla wrapped the presents themselves, made a Happy Birthday banner, set the table, and picked flowers. They also dressed up nicely in their party clothes. I made Buddy pork and sauerkraut for dinner and cranberry cheesecake for desert. It was a quiet birthday but I guess it was okay especially considering that Buddy hadn't been feeling well. He even stayed home from work on Tuesday.

There wasn't a picture that everybody looked good in so I chose the one that Buddy looked good in since it was his birthday.



Bohdin and Nyla were way more excited by the gift of socks than Buddy.




Thursday was Lego league. I thought my allergies were acting up really badly but in hindsight it looks like I was actually sick. I had caught the same thing Buddy had. Bohdin still really loves Lego league. I'm glad he gets a chance to be around some really nice older boys. It's a great group of kids.

Thursday was a really busy day because there was a homeschool program at the library in the afternoon that Bohdin wanted to attend. Poor Cora had a short nap because I had to wake her up to go. At the library Bohdin was supposed to research Japan on the computer and make a brochure about it. He knew this going in but when he got there he just played games on the computer instead. I was mad. I didn't wake Cora up and wrangle her in the library for an hour just so he could play a computer game. He was sad that I was disappointed.



Cora has discovered how to open dresser drawers and took advantage of it. She emptied every single drawer and flung stuff around the room. She even took some clothes and took them down the hallway. Last week she emptied Nyla's closet. Cora is more mischievous than Bohdin and Nyla put together at that age.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

anna said...

I'm a little behind in reading here. That picture of the kids and Buddy with the socks made me laugh out loud. They are so excited to give him socks!