It has been a busy few weeks. Between Bohdin's schooling, the new kitchen, Cora, tomatoes, and a dozen other things I always have something going on but no time to write. Today was no exception. We went to a playground to meet up with J- so Bohdin could play. We haven't seen him in quite some time because our schedules never synced. I didn't really have time today either but I had put them off so long that I felt bad. Bohdin seemed to have a good time. Nyla had less fun. She got in several shouting matches with J-. One of Nyla's Playmobil kids shares a name with his younger brother. He wanted her to change the name since only one person could have that name and she insisted that she could name it whatever she wanted. Twice they grudgingly called a truce. Had we stayed longer it might have resurfaced.
After playing we went to look at granite. The kids are so tired of looking at granite. We went on Saturday as well. Bohdin actually ended up liking that place because they had little chunks of it around and he was allowed to take some home. He didn't get as lucky today. Shopping for granite is a little boring and time intensive. We also have to make final choices on the sinks and faucets which is also time consuming. This weekend we installed one wall of cabinets completely. I was about to say we are more than half done but the island is the wrong height and needs to be rebuilt a little. That could take a bit of time.
On Friday, Nyla decided she was tired of her hair length and cut her hair. She cut out a good chunk of it. I did my best to even it out. It's not as short as last time. She just doesn't like long hair. She was also in a hair cutting mood. Since she could no longer cut her own hair she took the scissors after Zippy and cut out pieces of his mane. I have a picture of her hair but the battery in the camera ran out this weekend and now that it is finally recharged it's in the other room. I would actually post more often if not for the camera. I always think I would like to take the pictures off first but then get sidetracked.
Cora is a climber. She has learned to climb onto the dining room chairs. I was on the phone today and turned around to see Cora standing on the chair eating Nyla's leftovers. I can't believe she hasn't hurt herself yet. She is also trying to give us a heart attack by descending the stairs by walking down them. She still stumbles when she's walking on flat ground. There is no way she is ready to go down facing forward. Buddy or I see her when she is on the first step and it's so scary. We want to rush to get her but we can't startle her or she may fall. I wish gates were designed for staircases like ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment