The octagonal mirror was a favorite of both Bohdin and Nyla.
Thursday was the first meeting of Junior Lego League. Bohdin was invited to join last year but I felt he was too young then. This year I think he will be okay. It's amazing how much he has matured in the past year. He has really improved on talking to people. In the post office last week the lady told me he speaks better than some of the adults that come in. At the hospital after the checkups two people told me that he was really polite. He has ordered ice cream from a roadside place while I waited in the car with a sleeping Cora. It's such a change from a few years ago when he couldn't speak to people. Now he waves at people in the street.
Back to Lego League. Bohdin already knew most of the kids involved since there are only three families including us. The boys we didn't know are older. I think they were 8 and 10 but I'm not certain. Bohdin didn't interact much with them until the very end when they were all playing. The other mom, M-'s mom, was thoughtful enough to suggest working on the legos prior to playing because that would be better for Bohdin. She was right of course. We'll meet up with them every week for several weeks as they design and build their project. I was talking to the other mom so I didn't get all of the details. I think they have to design something that has at least one moving part and goes with the theme of snacks. I think this will be a good group for Bohdin.
Nyla dictated a letter to Cleopatra today. She still likes to do Zippy but isn't really interested in learning letters so we do other things usually suggested by Nyla. Her first letter which she dictated before I had pencil and paper out involved the phrase "lost king of Egypt" many times. Bohdin tried to correct her but she didn't want to listen.
Hi Cleopatra,
Cleopatra, I love you. I hope you come back sometime. Cleopatra, we visited your exhibit. We built a Nile River. Cleopatra, hi again. You know we love you so so much. I hope you visit our town sometime. I want to carry you around. You should try out our new toys and play with them. I also want you to try the dragons toys. And Cleopatra, hi again. We have a new barn that we got and try out some of the tomatoes that we growed. Cleopatra, we got a new car and got a flat tire when mommy was driving. And we also got a princess tent and a tv. And also we got jewel thieves. Bye. -Nyla, Cleopatra.
Bohdin was listening to her dictate the letter and said that Nyla couldn't carry Cleopatra around. Nyla said she could because she is strong.

No comments:
Post a Comment