still love it. I told him I would keep it forever.
Cora woke up early Monday so it seemed like a good day to go to Cincinnati to see the Cleopatra exhibit and go to Ikea to get the new cabinets we needed. The trip there was easy. Cora fell asleep but not as quickly as I expected. She had a short nap and woke just before we arrived. I was on the fence about going because I didn't think Nyla and Cora would do that well. Bohdin really wanted to go so we went. Nyla was a little impatient and wanted to move quickly to see the things she wanted to see. Bohdin took his time since he could read what the objects were and any accompanying text. Cora was quiet for the first 2/3 of the tour. Then she was done. She started fussing to be taken out of the carrier. I took her to a quiet corner to see if she would eat but she didn't really want to. She wanted to get down and run. I apologized to Bohdin and said we would need to rush through the last bits. I tried to keep Cora from straying too far or touching anything but that was really exhausting. I hardly saw anything at the end.
Both Bohdin and Nyla enjoyed the exhibit. Bohdin was glad to see things he recognized like the statue of Bastet. The exhibit showcased things that have been dug up off the coast of Alexandria so there were large statues and pieces of buildings along with coins, small statues, and various things. My favorite was the stone canopic jar. Nyla liked the video we watched in the beginning and the two large statues. They were maybe 30 feet tall. Bohdin couldn't choose. Yesterday Nyla renamed one of her Playmobil kids Cleopatra and put her in Bohdin's Nile River project. Other kids joined her throughtout the day. Bohdin didn't like the name change because he wants the kid to be called Sunflower since she came with a sunflower. Lily is named Lily because she came with a lily pad. I don't know if Cleopatra will stick.
Cora is in full time one year old destructo mode. She is either all over me making it hard to accomplish anything or making messes. This morning she didn't want to sit in her seat and have breakfast. She wanted to sit in my lap and eat mine. She was very frustrated that I wouldn't allow it. She's ripping books, scattering things, taking dishes out of the kitchen and breaking them, and on and on. I don't like one year old behavior. Bohdin and Nyla dislike having her in the basement because she destroys the scenes they have worked so hard to create. We went to a playgroup last week with some new kids. Neither Bohdin nor Nyla were interested in them. Bohdin tried to play with them but he felt they were being mean or something. I didn't get the whole story out of him. Nyla stayed near me and played with their extensive doll collection. Cora ran off to play in the playroom. It was a nice break. Cora doesn't care for adults besides Buddy and I. She often cries if they try to interact with her but she loves other kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment