Monday, August 22, 2011

Life

These are the pictures that didn't post last week. There was no big change over the weekend. We did discover that the cabinet run in the lower picture is too long for the electrical setup so we have to return a 30" cabinet and get a 24" cabinet instead. I think we may remeasure though one more time just in case because it would suck to be one inch off and not pass electrical inspection. We'll change out the upper cabinet also. This is what happens without planning.




Cora likes to climb on the bike outside and be pushed around. Both Bohdin and Nyla have done this. I know she has fallen off at least once when the bike toppled over during a turn. Cora doesn't care and gets back on. She gets very angry when the ride is over.





Cora isn't a big fan of solids yet. She generally does not like food that is small and will refuse food that has been cut. So she will eat a whole apple but turn her head at an apple slice. Although she is offered a variety of things, she mostly pushes it around on her plate. Last week she did find an old bagel on the floor and gnawed on that for a few minutes. Eventually she went to the low cabinet with the kid plates in them and took out a bowl for her bagel. It made me chuckle to see her put her food in the same dish that Bohdin and Nyla use.

Last week I bought some greek yogurt and offered some to Cora. She loved it. I'm not certain how much she is actually eating but she is having a fun time using the spoon and making a mess.



Nyla likes to draw in notebooks and I have a huge stack of them just for her. Lately she has been drawing a lot of people. I've already forgotten who this is a drawing of and what the accompanying text is supposed to say.



Since the camera was out I took some pictures of Bohdin's recent art work. The first one is from his art class and the rest are just free art.





I took the kids to the fabric store so I could get a pattern for Nyla's fairy/princess dress along with some fabric. On the way back home I asked Bohdin what he wanted to be for Halloween. We all started throwing around some ideas. Nyla mentioned a grass costume which Bohdin thought sounded difficult. Nyla disagreed and said that all you have to do is get some grass and some glue and glue it on. It didn't sound hard to me especially compared to the costume idea that Bohdin settled on. He wants to be a woolly mammoth for Halloween.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: