The spy car was not Nyla's only bit of generosity this week. She and I went to Target on Sunday and bought a magic wand from the dollar bin. Cora thought it was really neat and Nyla has done an excellent job sharing it. I told her we could buy Cora her own but she would rather share.
On the way home from the toy store yesterday Nyla was having a tough time. She cried for most of the ride home. She dropped a toy and couldn't reach it and then dropped another toy she couldn't reach. As we entered our neighborhood I saw a package truck and said maybe we had a package waiting for us. We all said what we wished the package would be. Nyla wanted something Playmobil which I found ironic. As we pulled up there was a package there but it wasn't Playmobil. It was the curriculum I had ordered recently. One of the programs I bought for Nyla has a zebra puppet to learn along with her. It seemed like a good approach for her. We tried it this morning and she loved it. She begged to do more and cried when I told her that Cora needed to sleep. She was able to make the shape of the letter A after the lesson so in addition to being fun it may even be working. I'm not certain that Nyla is ready to remember her letters but if nothing else she is having a lot of fun doing school.
Having Nyla doing school at the same time as Bohdin is too distracting for him. Surprisingly it's easier for him to concentrate if she is playing instead. It works out better all around because then Cora stays with Nyla mostly out of the way and I can focus on Bohdin.
Yesterday I was measuring the space in the new kitchen so we can finalize the cabinet plan. Nyla and Cora were in the other room playing. Bohdin came up from the basement and started playing with Nyla. After a few minutes I went to check on Cora and couldn't find her. Bohdin and Nyla ran upstairs and I was looking around the main level calling her name. I looked down the basement stairs because Bohdin had accidentally left the basement door open. Cora walks around the corner to the bottom of the basement steps and smiles her big smile. She has been wanting to go down the basement steps for a long time now. I'm glad she didn't fall down. I don't care how careful she is she is not allowed to go down the steps by herself yet. Apparently I forgot to tell Cora that rule.

No comments:
Post a Comment