Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lumps and Bumps

We made some progress with the cabinets over the weekend.





Nyla has been talking about fairies for the past several weeks. They are going to visit us. We are going to visit them. We need to clean up before the fairies come. We need to get dressed up for the fairies. Monday we stopped at a store and Nyla wanted me to buy her a princess costume so she could dress up for the fairies. I refused. It was overpriced for a piece of junk. I told her I would make her one instead. She cried and cried. While she was crying, Cora was crying because I wouldn't let her run around the store pulling things off the shelves. Two crying girls was more than I could handle at the moment so we compromised on a cheaper piece of junk which was a dress up accessory kit. It had shoes, purse, necklace, earrings and a tiara. Our next stop was the bookstore where again Cora cried because I wouldn't let her wander off and pull books off shelves. Nyla cried because I refused to buy a book for the fairies.

When we arrived home Nyla discovered that the accessories were junk. The only thing she liked was the shoes which had a slight heel. When Buddy saw them he hated them. He does not want Nyla to wear heels yet. I had to break the bad news to Nyla that they would be going into the trash. She didn't take it well. I told her we could get a different pair of "princess shoes". She agreed but wanted them to also have a bump. So that conversation didn't go well. Later when she was complaining about her lack of princess shoes she said without them the fairies would think she was a lump. I don't know what that means but I banned the fairies from visiting the house. Imaginary fairies should not be judging our appearance and making us feel bad. That didn't go over well. I don't know where she is getting this from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

photos didn't post....