I think I mentioned that Nyla decided to cut her hair last week along with Zippy's hair. We saw today that a My Little Pony has also had a recent trim. When she was done with the hair cutting it was time to decorate. After doing art on paper she moved on to her clothes and then her skin. I haven't washed the dress yet but I don't have high hopes of the marker coming out.
Bohdin had lego league again on Thursday and loved it. The theme of this year's project is snacks. Last week the kids decided on cheese so this week they made mozzarella cheese and we had pizza. I brought tomatoes from the garden and they also made the sauce for the pizza. It turned out really well. During part of the downtime the kids played with Thomas stuff. We have the meetings in the home of three boys between the ages of five and ten. They have accumulated a lot of Thomas stuff. The house is gigantic so there was lots of room to build a huge track. Nyla didn't want to play much with the other kids so she just moped around me. I had Cora on my back because she was tired and I thought she would go to sleep. She didn't and the one time I did put her down she ate cat food and walked away with the cat's water bowl. M-'s family had to leave before eating the pizza so Bohdin and Nyla sat down with the other boys. There wasn't enough pizza for four hungry boys and they started talking about numbers. Bohdin wished for a googol of pizzas and one of the other boys mentioned googol plex. Then they started talking about pi (which Bohdin was not familiar with). They sounded like a bunch of homeschooled kids.
There was another incident that made Bohdin seem like a homeschooled kid on Wednesday when he was playing with J-. J- and Nyla were arguing and J- told Bohdin that he was "going to tell on her". Bohdin had no idea what that meant and asked what "tell on" means. I should ask him but I don't think he ever figured out what that meant.
Bohdin has been spending some of the money he had earmarked for the Playmobil train. Perhaps he has given up hope. He does have several of the train cars but no engine. His recent purchases include twelve Roman fighters and some knights. Buddy saw them all crowded into the castle today and thought they were having a party.
Here is the finished wall of cabinets. We're still making progress. Today we stopped at two granite places. Shopping for granite is really hard. There are lots of really beautiful granites but all of them are more than we want to pay. It's really difficult or maybe impossible to find great cheap granite. I think we did finally settle on one today. Now I just have to find the right fabricator. Bohdin really hates looking at granite because he says it's really boring. He does like his collection of samples though.
Friday we went apple picking at a local orchard. It is a bit of a strange place since it is not very well maintained. The smell of rotting apples on the ground was almost overwhelming. We picked a bag of apples and not one of them was untarnished. There were a lot of interesting varieties but I can't remember any of them. No trees were marked. Actually I do remember one. It was called Russet I think because it looked like a potato. It was a tasty apple. The kids had some fun playing chase with the group we met there. It was the same group that we had met for playgroup a few weeks ago that neither Nyla nor Bohdin clicked with. We'll give it a few more times and see how it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment