Friday, September 30, 2011

I was just reading about Nyla at Cora's age and the similarities are amazing. Cora doesn't like to sit in the basket just like Nyla did not at this age. The seat belt in the basket is pointless. Nyla was a chair and table climber as is Cora. They both like to chew on odd things. They share a love of popcorn. The list goes on. There are some differences. Cora doesn't cry as much as Nyla did at 14 months. Cora likes to be held more. She is usually not content to stand on a stool or sit on the counter while I work in the kitchen. I have her in the carrier for many hours per day. I've already forgotten all the other things I was going to write.

We went to the library Wednesday morning because Bohdin needed to do some research for Lego League. He had to learn about the history of cheese making. He sat in the back looking at books while I was with Nyla and Cora at story time. This was Cora's second time at story time to be out of the carrier. She wasn't interested in any of the stories but did enjoy the singing. She danced through the songs and looked really cute. She seems so much bigger. That morning I only put one shoe on her because the other was in the car. She searched in the shoe box until she found a different pair of her shoes and brought me another shoe.

Today I had to get the car registration taken care of so I told the kids to get their shoes on and get in the car. I gathered the paperwork and went outside to find Cora's shoes waiting on the sidewalk. She was trying to climb into the car. Bohdin and Nyla told me that Cora was the one to get her shoes out because I had said to get the shoes. She is really starting to listen more. Usually when she is standing in the chair downstairs and I tell her to sit she will do it. Sometimes she brings me things and sometimes she will come when I call. The rest of the time she doesn't listen. We're still waiting for her to talk. Maybe she said daddy once. Possibly she says cup.





We started Bohdin's Latin curriculum this week and he was underwhelmed. Nyla, on the other hand, loved it because it comes with songs to help learn the words. She has listened to that first song over and over and over again. It perked up Bohdin's interest and they are having fun saying hello and goodbye to each other in Latin. This curriculum is aimed at young kids so it is strictly vocabulary.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: