Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dino World



Monday we met an acquaintance and her 22 month old son at Dinosaur World. Bohdin and Nyla were super excited about going. It was an interesting place that Bohdin liked better than Nyla. Bohdin's favorite part was the fossil dig which was a large raised sand box filled with small fossils. The kids were allowed to dig them up and then choose their three favorites. Bohdin wanted to do it again and asked the person who ran it. He said no but did say Bohdin could help him clean up in exchange for another shark tooth. Bohdin agreed. Tonight he asked to go back there to do the fossil dig again. The place was fine but kind of pricey. I have no intention of ever going back. I told Bohdin to ask daddy to take him since he can get in for free.

After the fossil dig there was a replica of a dinosaur skeleton buried in sand that the kids unearthed for a while. Then we went on the dinosaur walk. They had several replicas of many different types of dinosaurs. As we walked along a path every so often there would be a group of dinosaurs with a small plaque containing a short description. There were lots of different dinosaurs. Bohdin wanted me to read each plaque. Nyla was not interested. Toward the end of the walk she started holding the hand of the little boy we were with. He was sitting in the stroller and Nyla was doing various things with him. We stopped one more time at the playground before leaving. Bohdin wanted to stay longer but it was kind of hot and getting late.







I can't believe I had three kids actually cooperate for a picture. It's a miracle.



Cora is a climber and her new thing is climbing onto the table. Normally she takes advantage of a chair that has not been tucked in but even if it is she is able to pull it out. She was looking for more food this time. After taking the picture I held her in my lap while she tried to feed herself with the giant serving spoon. Cora has begun eating more solids but she prefers to have a plate and utensils just like the kids. She also prefers to be in my lap eating off my plate. I give her the same thing I have but I guess it's not the same.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: