Monday Cora had her 18 month visit. After the appointment each of the kids received a shot. Neither Bohdin nor Nyla wanted one which is understandable. Cora went first and did fine. Bohdin went next and he did a good job. Nyla was so scared and refused to get the shot. I had to put Cora down so I could hold Nyla down while she fought hard. I felt bad that I had to do that to her apologized later in the day. While she was getting her shot I told her we would get ice scream afterward. It's surprising she heard me through the screaming but once it was over she jumped off the table, stopped crying, and said let's go get ice cream as if nothing had happened. Cora meanwhile was crying because I had put her down and probably because Nyla was crying. That evening Nyla apologized for fighting.
Bohdin doesn't think it is fair that Nyla doesn't do as much cleaning as he does. There are many times when I ask the kids to clean up toys with me that Nyla refuses and goes off to play elsewhere. I told Bohdin today that Nyla does way more cleaning as a four year old than he ever did. I'm not sure it reassured him but it is quite true. To balance all of those times that Nyla doesn't feel like cleaning she often takes the initiative to help out without my asking. She will make beds the best she can, she'll put away the clean placemats, help unload the dishwasher, and other things. She can be quite choosy with tasks. Sometimes she'll ask me if she can help me with whatever I'm doing. When I tell her how she can help she says she doesn't want to do that and runs off.
Monday we had our biggest snow storm of the year with a whopping three inches. According to the news it doubled our snowfall amount for the entire winter. It was a gorgeous snowfall, the best I've seen in recent memory. The snow landed on the branches just right and it looked like a winter wonderland or the kind of landscape one might find on a Christmas card. Bohdin said it looked like Christams. As usual pictures can't do it justice but I had to try anyway since it was so pretty.

No comments:
Post a Comment