We had some nice weather this week so the kids spent some time outdoors. Actually Bohdin spent a lot of time in the garage listening to an audio book. Nyla did various things. She rode her bike, painted, and had a picnic. She has been asking for carrot soup ever since Grandma sent a recipe for it. I finally made it. We all ate some but I don't think we'll have it again.
Nyla has been working on single handedly saving the post office as Buddy put it. She has been on a letter writing streak this week. I think she mailed four letters last week. Two are ready to go tomorrow. Mostly it's just art. Sometimes I will write down what she tells me to. Sometimes I don't even get a chance to see what is inside. She seals it, puts a stamp on it, then hands it to me.
I can't remember what else has been going on. Buddy had to work really late on Thursday and Friday so those were long days with a grumpy Cora. The drywall is finished so we've been working on painting that area and cleaning it up. We need to get it done soon because Nyla is holding her pee again and I think having that bathroom would help. She's had several accidents this week because she just refuses to pee. I don't know why.
Buddy put Cora to sleep at night for many many months but in March she refused to be with him any longer. She would cry and scream like nothing in the world could be worse than him holding her. I took over. Some nights she would nurse to sleep without too much problem but other nights it was hard. This past week has been one of those hard times. She wants to play instead of going to sleep. The past two nights she chose Buddy again and didn't cry at all. I'm hoping she goes back to him permanently. I miss the reading routine we used to have. Right now Nyla is the one who doesn't get to choose a book because I read to Bohdin with just a red headlight while Cora tries to go to sleep. His book doesn't have pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment