Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fun

We've been busy with various things and enjoying the nice weather.  It has cooled down from our record highs earlier in March.  It was still the warmest March on record here.  We've already planted part of our garden early.  The other day the kids were outside playing with balloons.  Nyla was the only one who was careful enough to keep hers from popping.  Bohdin kept having accidents and Cora deliberately took her balloon to the grass and started rubbing it after I specifically told her not to.  It was a very Cora thing to do.  Last week she found the drawer with the dry erase markers.  When she tried to open it I sternly told her not to open it.  She saw how serious I was so she didn't try.  The next day I found her in the school room with the dry erase markers scattered all over the floor.  She was drawing all over her arms with them.  She has always been my mischievous one. 


Bohdin discovered that it was funny to deinflate a balloon inside his pants. 






Last week Bohdin wanted to teach Nyla how to play chess.  He was explaining the pieces to her and how they moved.  Eventually Bohdin described the knight.  "This is the knight and it moves L-shaped."  Nyla giggled and said "Did you say els?"  Nyla calls her girly bits els for some unknown reason or sometimes penis. 



We stopped at Joanns for thread and a few other things on Friday.  Cora became fussy while I was trying to find a hat pattern for Nyla.  I tasked him with keeping Cora occupied while I quickly scanned the catalog.  The next thing I knew the basket had tipped over onto Bohdin.  Cora was buckled up because luckily she always insists on being buckled.  She stayed in the basket and sort of landed on Bohdin.  I picked up the basket off of his thighs.  He was crying but not hurt.  Nyla started crying loudly because she was scared.  Eventually she calmed down and hugged and kissed Bohdin.  She was glad that he was okay.  Bohdin has been a bit accident prone lately.  His mouth hit the basket twice that day.  Today he fell out of the chair and landed head first on the tile floor.  He has had several incidents like this in the past few days. 

Saturday it was time for the Fort Knox Easter thing.  The kids really enjoyed it last year so I took them this year.  Buddy thought I was crazy and stayed at home.  Nyla was happy to see the Easter bunny even though he was being a jerk.  The first time he walked away from her without acknowledging her and the second time he almost did the same thing.  She was waiting nearby and he or she interacted with the other kids but not her.  I almost said something when at last he looked at Nyla.  She cheered right up and forgot about the slight.  It was okay there.  We were among the first so it wasn't crowded.  There wasn't as much stuff to do this year.  Nyla started crying on the bouncy house maze when she lost her way and refused to do any other bouncy stuff that day.  They had various craft booths up and tons of free toys.  Nyla received a stuffed pig which she loves.  We managed to get away without any additional toys. 




The egg hunt was divided into age groups.  The first group was two and under.  There were kids much older out there though. I saw a kid Bohdin's age.  Cora did a good job and collected lots of eggs.  Nyla was next and the egg hunt for her age group was a disaster.  The starting area was too small so kids had to make their way through a sea of parents watching their children.  It was a giant mess.  These kids were all supposed to be 3 and 4.  After the egg hunt they have no idea where their parents are because we are all clustered in a tight pack trying to catch a glimpse of our child.  One of the workers helped Nyla to find me.  At some point between posting the flier for the event online and the day of the event, the organizers decided there would be no egg hunt for kids older than six so Bohdin didn't have one.  Bohdin was kind of bored I think.  He sat in the bleachers while we were in the little kid area.  He did wander off a few times but it wasn't too bad.  He wants to be really independent now. 



Nyla spent about 30 minutes coloring this bear.  I haven't seen him since that day.  She also made a suncatcher for her room and a spin art frisbee.  She really liked the craft areas. 




The beautiful dogwood tree in our neighbor's yard.


On Sunday we went to a birthday party.  R's brother M- was turning one.  We ended up being the only family to show up.  The kids had a good time.  Cora's favorite part was the basement steps.  She likes to go down the steps like a bigger person instead of backwards on her knees.  We strongly discourage this at home.  At their house they had an additional low railing so she was able to hold on the entire time.  She loved it and went up and down those stairs numerous times. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: